Wednesday, March 9, 2011

kitchen

we are leaving for california tomorrow for my birthday weekend and mostly for a business trip for josh. so before i get too behind... here's a peek into our bitty house.
as i said before, i've had fun putting our house together. i enjoy a blank canvas and the creative juices of 'decor'ing taking over. we are renting though... so that puts the stop sign in front of lots of ideas. i'll just share a few of our home insides with you. there is so much more i want to do. for now, it's how i like it [without spending any more money]. overall i've tried to be very innovative and work with what we have and not spend too much dinero anyway. that's the time of life we're in. so on to the kitchen! the room was already sunset red/orange. at first it was shocking, but it has actually REALLY grown on me. i actually like the punch it gives. and sure, the cabinets are outdated... but for now... this our kitchen, and i love it.



and jonah testing out his high chair even though he has a few months till he needs it. he's pulling that 'mama, you are sooo silly' look. he's always calling me out on my behavior.

7 comments:

Luke and Mariah said...

Oh I love it! And I LOVE the color! You are such a great decorator Mari! Have so much fun in Cali!! Love ya!

The Higgins Family said...

Aaaaaaaaaaah, he's SO cute!!!!!!! Man I miss y'all!!! Have a great time in San d-- warm weather and sunshine, what a great bday!!

Mandy said...

I like the dark orange color, your decorations look great.
Have fun on your trip.

hanner said...

the corner cabinet looks right at home! :)

MaKenna Hope said...

MARI! I cannot get over his cute expressions!! He is adorable.

Megan said...

Darling kitchen! And I cannot believe that is your baby!!! He is so big and so stinkin cute!! Enjoy Cali :)

Pierce + Stacy Thiot said...

VERY cute! Great job decorating.