Thursday, March 3, 2011

a house, a home

wow. my head is still spinning that we live in new york. have new york license plates. we've been here 2 months. i haven't written much about it. mostly because it's been overwhelming. i've always loved adventure, but this one has left me speechless. i did not see it coming, especially timing wise. jonah and i went to the library awhile back, and needed to get a library card. i told her, "we just moved here 10 days ago". she looked at me right in the eyes in disbelief, "WHY did you move here in january???" GOOD QUESTION MA'AM. because God sent us actually. and it's working out quite well. we feel very blessed. i also feel the stretching. honestly. strrrrrrrretch. i miss virginia and the roots that we put down there. yet, it's also really neat to have so many special "places" all over and homes to go back and visit and that will always be in our hearts. on to our new digs! a cute little house!
it's fun to see how josh and i have evolved... renting our tiny BYU apartment, then renting our alexandria townhouse (triple the cost of our college apartment!), and now renting a house. (next stop home ownership? can't imagine that yet.) we had 2 days to find a place to live here. the lord's hand intervened and we are very happy with this little house. it's gone from packed to the brim with boxes to all set up. that's what i've been up to... setting up house and mothering. i love both those things, so it hasn't been a bad deal the last 2 months. most of all, it's beginning to feel more like a home. our home. and most definitely a haven. an inside tour coming next! :)

6 comments:

Mary Martha said...

so beautiful! can't believe all the snow. and love the pics below. glad you got those up at last. you look great dear.

Megan said...

What a darling home! I LOVE it! Sounds like you guys are settling in well :)

Tempest and Ben said...

Miss you Mar! I'm so jealous!! I love New York! It's such a dreamy place!! Lol! Your family looks so sweet! Thanks for sharing!! You sound so happy!! Lil Jonah is the luckiest!!

Tempest and Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trapper and Suzy said...

Adorable. And I can see you've been putting your "Mari-touch" on the windows. : ) It's your home now! I know what you mean about putting down roots, but still enjoying the "special places" that have evolved into what is your life. I have many many homes and each one is special to me. One day though.....one home forEVER. That'll be an interesting day.

Tracy (Seegmiller) Kjar said...

Loved catching up with all your fun posts! Our blog is jakeandtracy.blogspot.com, but I haven't posted in FOREVER!! One day I'll get on it. Hope you guys are doing well and staying WARM. :)