not that i'm especially stressed, but we could all 'stress less'. everyone is out there leading their lives, in all different phases, and paths. really phenomenal if you think about it. we're all busy with our own things everyday. so....
since i'm still without pictures :(
i thought i would share this top 15 list i found. it caters to simplicity. simplicity. the word is just calming. all 15 struck a chord with me. josh mentioned "don't get caught in the thick of thin things" quote from stephen covey the other day. life is glamorous to me jumping into my hubby's arms after he gets home from work (even when he's late- often) and then laughing throughout the evening. simplicity. and when the storms come (somewhat often) do the below 15. sometimes simple.
1. embrace silence
2. be playful
3. spend time with your girlfriends
4. breathe deeply
5. soak in the tub
6. drink a glass of water
7. listen to music
8. create calming areas in your home
9. get the right nutrients
10. read a good book
11. be thankful
12. get the gift of touch
13. seek out laughter
14. meditate
15. find an outdoor sanctuary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I just have to tell you Mari that I love this post. Also, I miss your positive attitude. You were always upbeat (which is quite impressive during nursing school). Thanks!
Okay, I so was reading through the list and after I read each one I felt like I could say, "Okay, I do that one. Sweet!" but then I got down to "gift of touch." What exactly does that mean? Oh well. I guess I try to do most of those things each day. Good job trying to embrace the simplicity of things. : )
LOVE IT!!! I definitely need to simplify! Thanks for the sweet reminder! How are YOU, by the way!? You really should call me sometime....just to chat! I love and miss you very much! You know, Louisville really isn't that far away....I can dream, can't I???
I love this! Thank you for sharing. I'm going to copy it and stick it to my fridge :)
I definitely need to do more of those things. I hope you guys are well! I feel bad that I haven't talked to you for so long. We miss you!
amen sista!
Mari I just love you! You are so uplifting and inspiring. I've been meaning to write you a message for a while, ha I loved the comment you left me a while back. I think you and I are on the same page... that's why I wish we lived by each other! I love your sense of style! And I think it's great you put that quote on your blog too ;) Anyway I hope you and Josh are doing well. Miss you tons!!
Post a Comment