Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmastime in the City & the Rural

Merry Christmas!!! I've had so many good 'blog posts' in my mind as I've baked cookies, made cookie plates, written cards, decorated the house, the tree, sang in the car to 97.1 Wash FM, DC's station for the holidays, shopped... infortunately, there hasn't been time to actually spill all those mushy, dreamy feelings of Christmas on the blog.
But, let's not forget the last down-to-the-wire cookie deliveries and all-nighter packing too. It's been a busy holiday season. Josh had some MAGICAL Christmas concerts as he sang in the Mormon Choir of Washington. (You can't tell from the pic because I zoomed in so much, it's about 100 person choir.) They sounded like Christmas angels. Anyway. Here are a few pics from the night of the last performance and Christmastime at the Capitol.

Christmas spirit and love in the air.


Now we're in Utah!! (YEA!!). Christmas in rural Utah with Josh's family this year. I've basked in the contrast from the big city. We've relaxed and played games. Best of all, it snowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (It mad snowed in DC too, but we flew out the day before the storm). The snow here is perfect though and gives that special cherry-on-top feel to Christmas. Josh and I enjoyed a 4 wheeler ride to see the beauty of snow fallen all over fields and fences of small town Utah.

serious winter wonderland


we dreamed of a white Christmas, and it came true.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Tawny said...

Fun times! I love those pictures of you in front of the temple!

Becky and Matt said...

It was SO fun being with you guys. We miss you already!

The Higgins Family said...

i love you sister! we missed you, but I'm so glad you still spent the holidays with people who love and adore you guys. :)