Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring in the City

Seriously, this spring in DC stuff is pretty amazing. I bet pics
online do it better justice, but here are ours.


we went down to walk around a couple times;
both super windy... as you can tell. Worth every
bit of wind blown though.

These trees aren't cherry blossoms, but they
are these gorgeous,huge flowers. Variation
of magnolias. Give me any flowers on trees and
I'm wild about it.
Millions all over the trees.
Passed the FDR memorial on our walk.
AFter seeing that and Marly & Me, I think Josh is
going to want a family dog one of these dayz.
Anyway-
And the fun didn't end downtown, we have
our own cherry blossom festival at home...
in front of our very own townhouse.

I've died and gone to spring heaven.

11 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous Mari! I would love to go to D.C. in the spring just to see the trees.

Tawny said...

Gooooorgeous! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jody Weiss said...

Found you guys! Looks like you made it to the cherry blossoms at some good times, when it wasn't too crowded and they still look awesome. We missed the peak. Anyhow, we're excited to have you in the ward and get to know you both better along the way!!!

The Higgins Family said...

Holy Cow! Gorgeous!

Thank you for my gift, by the way. YOu are the BEST. I feel SO LOVED. ;) The necklaces are PERFECT and I love them and have been wearing them lots and lots!!

LOVE YOU!

Sarah Stout said...

Thats it, you have convinced me to move out to the East someday! That really is amazing scenery!! Keep taking pictures, those are awesome!

briananddoris said...

Mari, These pictures are absolutely gorgeous! WOW!!! Isn't spring the most wonderful time of the year? Looks like you and Josh are sharing life to the max. LOVE YOU. Grandma

Heidi Kjar said...

Wow the pics are gorgeous! Looks amazing! Looks like you guys are having some fun adventures:)

Heidi Kjar said...

ps. I really LOVE that first picture- you should frame it for sure!

Becky and Matt said...

I can't believe those blossoms! It is so pretty there! It's snowing outside here. Maybe one day we'll have real spring weather.

Mary Martha said...

cute pics! looks like fun! glad yall are doing well...

Horner Family said...

Love your pictures of Spring here...isn't it beautiful!! Hope you are having a fun time in Florida! No problem about Tuesday, we'll hit you up another time. :-) See you when you get back!