Monday, July 28, 2008

Updates on July, first.. the 4th!!!





HAPPY INDEPENDENCE FAMILY & FRIENDS!!! It is long past, but wasn't it so fun? I love the 4th because it's just so full of summer zest! Here are a few pics of what we did. Josh worked until 6pm *and did a great job* and then we headed off for some Texan BBQ and a rodeo at the Fort Worth Stockyards. The Stockyards permeate "cowboy" and it's a fun atmosphere feeling like you're in an old cow town. We caught some fireworks on the way home and that was great. I get real festive and enjoyed making Josh an all American crepe for breakfast, going to the Arlington parade with the other wives, and making an American flag jello!! I love holidays!! We missed our fam/friends, but we thought about you all and how blessed we are with such AMAZING families/friends and a free country. Josh is reading 1776, and really, this country and its history is incredible. Yes, we are blessed; God Bless America!!!

3 comments:

Heidi Kjar said...

Fun pics you two:). I'm lovin the cowgirl hat Mari- you look so cute in it! And what a festive wife you are! It looks like you guys had such a good time, happy 4th.
love ya!

mommyshan said...

Great pics!!! You guys surely know how to celebrate. I'm going to have to try the festive looking crepes for breakfast next year... I think the fam will love them.

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Yay Mari, you did a new post! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fourth of July too, and love all your festive food :) You are just such a great cook. Your blog is looking so good and the pictures you added on the side are so cute!