



oh everyone!! thanks for being super patient. i have been back for about 2 1/2 weeks, and haven't put blogging high enough on the priority list. YET, to make my repentance (see below) true... i'm back for good!!! :)
So, the update!! Josh continues to go out each day and sell alarms and do his very best. I'm so proud of him. He is such a hard worker and still so much fun when he gets home, even after sweating his face off all day!! It was a toughie to be apart for almost a full month. It made us stronger though and you can look forward to our rockin' YEAR anniversary post that will be coming soon. My experience in the Navajo Nation was amazing. I worked in the Chinle, AZ Hospital on the reservation about 8 hours everyday. We had many neat cultural experiences such as watching some Pow-Wow dancing, going on a plant walk with a wonderful woman who only spoke Navajo, basking in the beauty of the gorgeous Canyon de Chelley and ruins nearby, eating fry bread like crazy, and just getting to know the people. They have such a rich culture full of traditions. It led me to ponder on what traditions I have in my life. Family traditions and spiritual rituals are so valuable. The instructor and girls I was with (10 of us total) were a blast!! I feel like I walk away as a better person and nurse-to-be, so I'm grateful for opportunity I had!
Now Josh and I just keep on keepin' on with summer sales adventures. We are happy and we feel especially thankful for Heavenly Father's hand in our lives. Also, my heart is turned to gratitude for Jesus Christ and His incredible sacrifice and example. I'm reading the New Testament right now and my faith in Christ increases each day as I prayerfully read. I recommend 110%!!!!

6 comments:
Looks fabulous, mar. :) I'm pumped to chat like crazy about your AZ experience--- as soon as our little lives cools down and "normalize" a bit... I'm hoping July will be quite a bit on the "calmer" side. Mollie's coming to town on Sunday and I AM SIKED! Love love love you and your boy!
Mari! I'm so glad you updated your blog and have finally been able to post pictures of the "One Month Absence"! We are so glad to have you back in our lil wives circle! The next trip you take better include you AND josh!
Yeah! I'm glad you're back! What a cool experience to go work there as a nurse; it sounded fascinating. I'd love to hear more about it. We miss you guys this summer!
Hey... good to see you... lookin' great like always. I would love to hear about your time in AZ, I think you probably know that Ben is 1/2 Navajo... it'd be cool to hear more about the culture from somebody who's been there. Love ya!
Woohoo!!She's back....well, sorta. Those pictures look awesome. I bet that was one experience you will NEVER forget. You just get so many cool adventures I can't imagine how you keep up with them all. hehe j/k
Okay!! WEll, I love you!!! And Josh too! Hope y'all had a great anniversary!
Hey Mari and Josh, we hope all is well in Dallas. Your pictures from Arizona look great! It must have been really cool. I have roots in AZ-- that's where I was born:)
Post a Comment