Friday, August 1, 2008

July Updates Continue... Our 1st ANNIVERSARY!!!!!












Now that it's been a full month from the blessed day...July 6th came once again and marked a full year of marriage for Joshua and Marielle Kjar!!! HOORAY!!! What an incredible and fabulous year it has been!! Truly, I could just go CrAzY with this post recapping what joy, fun, and experiences we have had our first year together. Instead, I'll just fill you in on the blast team Kjar had to celebrate this special event! Anniversaries come but once a year, and this is our first, so we took it to the next level. Josh usually doesn't get home till about 10pm, but he made the sacrifice and got off a little early on Saturday (July 5th) to start our party. It was so exciting. We went to Bennihana for the Japanese food entertainment. We had the sweetest little Japanese grandma waitress Nita, and she surprised us with icecream and a song for our anniversary and took a polaroid of us. I know, I haven't seen a polaroid camera for years!! Then, we just had a take a picture with Lover's Lane in Dallas... because we love the word lover. It was actually Josh's suggestion. Then, off to stay at the Regency Hyatt in Downtown Dallas. We went all out and got the "amor package" so we got non-alcoholic champagne and chocolate strawberries with our room. We have never opened champagne or anything quite like it before with a cork. Josh popped the cork with all his might and we didn't know it had so much force!!! I thought a gun shot off... good thing he wasn't pointing toward the window, but it did shoot right into the ceiling and caused some plaster to fall off onto the bed. Eek. That is some bubbly stuff and added some excitement. The room was incredible because it was on the 17th floor and had a huge window with a view of the city. Next morning was Sunday, our real deal anniversary day... we rode up and down the elevators and then went to church. And of course that was great. :) Josh gave a special testimony I will never forget. Lastly, we spent the next 3 hours cookin' together making a fancy feast including lobster, salmon, the works!! Also, we had a little wannabe wedding cake because we didn't keep our top tier or anything. So whew, that's the update. I just want to end with a diddy about how special and INCREDIBLE my husband is. I love him with all my heart and more through every busy day and crazy experience together. He is my bestest friend and I am so definitely in love with him. Josh enriches my life and brings happiness, laughter, and depth to every day. What we have is eternal... for which I am so grateful. He's my other half!!! Love you Joshski sweet thang!!

7 comments:

Matt and Tanya Wonderly said...

Awww! Mari is sounds like a wonderful Anniversary! You and Josh did some deep planning and it looks like you couldnt have had more fun! We just love you guys and are so glad we got to know you this summer!

Heidi Kjar said...

Happy Aniversh you two lovers!! I loved reading the post!
Love ya, Jer and Heidi

The Higgins Family said...

See, I told you people would read it. :) I'm thinking we need to copy you... and catch a heavy whiff of your enthusiasm!
SEE YOU IN 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Cute cute cute Mari :) You guys really look like you had so much fun in Dallas! I'm glad you had such a wonderful first anniversary, it will always be one to remember.
P.S. Cute happy anniversary sign. Haha! just kidding.

mommyshan said...

SWEEEET! Happy 1st and here's to many more.

Unknown said...

Mari! Happy Anniversay...Late! You guys are so cute together! It was so much fun having you as a full-time wife. Last year it seemed like you had to come and go so you could get things ready for the BIG day! We need to get together before I leave....on WEDNESDAY!!! I will miss everyone so much!!!
Love ya

Mortensen's said...

Happy First! Aren't we lucky to be married to such awesome men?? I'm sure ten years from now you'll still get butterflies when he walks in the room. Trials and kids and ups and downs and time will just enrich what you have now. It's the best!!