Monday, January 9, 2012

christmas in missouri

a mish mash of christmas 2011 memories...
the parents were generous to watch jonah, so we escaped to a little getaway in branson for 24 hours.

a double date with mom & dad to the ballet on christmas eve eve. i stand by that there is nothing quite like the nutcracker to bring christmas wonder (at least for me :) ).

old town st. charles on christmas eve day... amazing window displays.
mom makes the best cup of hot cocoa. and the best breakfasts. i miss those breakfasts.

it was a better nativity than it looks ;) tradition.

grampa reads christmas stories to jonah. he has a little black nose because he was a lamb in the nativity.


oh yes, oh yes. we made a music video.
music videos just keep getting weirder and weirder anymore. maybe we were just channeling that... or just having fun.

josh grew out a bit a facial hair
movies, games, relaxing, talking
"Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays
'Cause no matter how far away you roam
When you pine for the sunshine of a friendly gaze
For the holidays you can't beat home, sweet home"
i love my family!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you got to spend it with your family! You got to go to some sweet places! I still dream of that red pepper bisque I had in St. Charles! You guys are too fun!

Trapper and Suzy said...

I wish I could be a part of these amazing christmas traditions! I would LOVE to see the music video! Post it, woman. Or put it on youtube and send me the link....I don't care. I have to see it! haha

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Cutest family. Cutest traditions. I just love you Mari! I tell Preston all the time I just wish you lived closer so we could hang out all the time :) I feel like we just clicked from day one. Anyway, I'm so glad you had so much fun with your family in Missouri!! It's been years since I've seen the nutcracker and I hope to go one of these years again :)
I agree.... post the video!!

MaKenna Hope said...

I'm looking at these pictures and getting SO EXCITED for this year! So grateful I get to spend it with ya'll! xoxo