Wednesday, December 14, 2011

bits and pieces of christmas at our house


our tree we love! she really is the one for 2011. we searched far and wide and found miss frazier (a fraiser fir). she is such a great fusion of josh and i. i grew up with colored lights, but he grew up with white lights. a least half of the ornaments are from my childhood. yet we've collected quite a few over our four years together... from the honeymoon, trips, and outings. jonah's first ornament from last year hangs with prominence. she is just the right tree for us. she transforms our living space into a magical, glowing christmas cottage.


reason for the season...
checking the mail in december is the best
mistletoe, also the best

a little scrapbook paper goes a long way


our christmas china, my parents give us a piece every year. i love this tradition.

half way to christmas!
jonah gets a felt ornament out of the advent calender everyday to put on his kid's tree. the kid's tree is the one of the greatest moves we've ever made.
lots of baking time in the kitchen...
i think i spelled her name wrong there. well, at least she's staying watered.
we love the christmas season. hope it's merry and bright wherever you are! it's the little things.

5 comments:

hanner said...

i love so much how you decorate for the holidays. i am pretty good about christmas but i need inspiration for the other holidays!! :)

The Higgins Family said...

Love it all! Where in the world did you find a shutter? Lovely! :)

Trapper and Suzy said...

Who's house is this!? It looks like it came out of a magazine! I love what you've done to it! The mistletoe, the ornaments, the china, and the christmas card holder thingy...whatever that was--I LOVE IT! I want one of those.

preston. shawnee. cohen said...

Mari I just LOVE you. Seriously! Why can't we just live by each other and hang out all the time?? :) You and your style are so cute. I love all of your christmas decor! Did you get the shutter idea from pinterest? I saved it and totally want to make one!

Dustin and Amy Hanson said...

Would you look at this adorable blog that I just came across! I loved your Christmas card. I saw it at my parents house. :) Jonah is just adorable. Glad to see how well you are doing. Have a Happy New Year!