Friday, May 20, 2011

the food situation

the food situation around here is evolving. jonah started his first solids the last couple weeks! it's so crazy that he can do it and very fun to see his reactions. i can never catch the funniest ones fast enough on camera. he's a growing boy alright. he started with rice cereal, on to sweet potatoes, peas, butternut squash, green beans, and applesauce. we're doing homemade baby food because i got an amazing book about it as a gift. i wouldn't say we're diehards because we'll probably buy when we're traveling and things, but i've really enjoyed it so far... and jonah somewhat has. haha he always decides the peas are too gross after about a 1/3 way through. he's generous to eat that much though because i can tell he hates that taste, but tries to stick it out for awhile.






1st bite ever- rice cereal

what is this junk?




the goods. sweet potatoes and peas.





he warmed up to food after having more flavors than rice cereal...






wants to help himself to yams... his favorite so far








also, josh and i have been vegetarians for the month of may.

contrary to my last post, it's been super fun trying so many new recipes. i'll report at the end of the month!

4 comments:

Sue said...

What book did you get? I'm thinking of trying homemade baby food with Liam.

Tempest and Ben said...

Oh my cute! We love homeade babyfood around here! I did it with Savvy and Scsrlett loves it even more!! I have a babyfood maker called the Babycook! It's so helpful! I got a great gourmet babyfood book too from william sonoma! Isn't it soooo fun making babyfood! Heaven knows I'm not crafty, but I loveee it for some reason! Eat up Jonah! He's darling Mar! My parents have been vegans for almost a year now!!They love it!

Luke and Mariah said...

I LOVE the pix! Feeding time is so much fun; the expressions come out in droves! Sure do miss and love ya!

Maria said...

Some of the pictures look like Josh. Some of them look like Grandpa Whiting. He has a good mix of both. Cut kid!
Sim