Thursday, March 24, 2011

cali

so i don't know where to start with the california getaway except the weather was HEAVENLY. probably because it was such a stark contrast, but it was just what the doctor ordered. we flew in on the 10th and the next day was my 26th (whaaaaat?) birthday. josh was in meetings all day (oh ya- we were really there for a business trip). but no worries. i got to hang out with my other favorite boy all day. jonah and i celebrated the day in style, we started with an in 'n out picnic on the beach.


then off to target for a small shopping spree and some wandering around seaport village. jonah is such a mellow, yet fun traveling buddy. he also let me do whatever i want for my birthday with no complaints- even drive with the windows rolled down and blast taylor swift.
next stop was the incredible san diego temple.
then a nice fancy dinner.
it was such a fun and fabulous march 11th, that everyone passed out once we got back to the hotel.

next day... the 3 of us hit up SEA WORLD!!! the ocean is truly another world and so magical. i'm so intrigued by all the water animals. i saw it at the dolphin show- young or old- manly man or little girl- EVERYONE LOVES dolphins. they are just such amazing creatures. i could watch them all day and be delighted.

jonah has entered the grabbing stage. i love it though. he grabbed the camera just as i was taking his picture. haha. i love the result. grab and insert in mouth is his new favorite pastime.
then off to la jolla beach to catch the sunset.
seals in the wild. i was impressed.

best dad ever
thanks for the dreamy getaway california. love ya!

5 comments:

Trapper and Suzy said...

Fun!! I wish I could've been there. I love the picture of Jonah and Josh sprawled on the bed. I just want to eat that little boy up!! He's so precious! Also, I just want to point out how quickly you've lost that preggo fat!! Girl, you look good. Don't deny it. Ugh! I can't wait to see you.

Wendi said...

Question: Can Mari, Josh and Jonah get any more beautiful?

Answer: NO!!

Seriously, you guys are beautiful and look so happy!! I love all the pictures. What a great trip:)

Courtney said...

what a sweet little boy! he is seriously so cute. and you are looking so great mari! I love those bangs.

Luke and Mariah said...

Could your little family be any more perfect Mari??? I think not! Seriously, the pix are amazing. Little Jonah is the cutest thing ever. I'm so glad you guys got a get-away. It just looked heavenly! We sure love you guys! Next get-away: UTAH!!

Becky and Matt said...

I love your pictures! I think Jonah looks a little like Seth. I can't wait to see him in person to see for myself!