poor, poor sad little blog. what can one do about blog neglect? especially when my talents lie elsewhere than writing and wording my stories and memories to be witty or heartfelt. SIGH. fellow bloggers, wouldn't you agree that we all hit a blog wall or come to a crossroads of why the heck we have a blog and what to do with it? exception: the talented/hysterical/inspiring bloggers that i am grateful for and do enjoy reading. it's not that simple for me. like i said, i've got other talents, and it's not blogging... ALAS, i enjoy the blogging world. i just need to find my vibe or blogger niche or something.
so i'm rambling because i'm too overwhelmed with our pictures and latest events to provide a "what's goin' on with us" post. i thought i'd at least do SOMETHING. so, no pictures. just thoughts for today- and already stated- not eloquent ones. excuse all the passive voice. life can still be magical and fulfilling without being able to express it on onto blogspot in active voice. right? that's the conclusion i'm coming to.
1. my house is a junkyard right now. the baby's room is in shambles. even so, i love our home. i'm a very tidy and organized person, but with all of life's responsibilites, etc rocking and rolling, it's become a bit..... cluttered. the clutter can become distracting though. i do believe that the lived-in, personal, loved home is the best kind of home. clutter can start eating at your soul though. i need to do something about it. i'm actually ready to take this weekend and somehow make the zero on my energy tank work for me because i am bursting to attack the junkyard and get everything just-so!
2. am i nesting?????? i need to dictionary that term. i thought "nesting" meant that the large preggo lady is ready to just plop down and be cozy sitting on my egg or something. apparently nesting means getting project happy and prep for the baby mode. i am definitely getting that- *see above. YET- after my projects are done, i'm hoping october is a little more cozy and lay back with big ol belly, eat soup, fire in the fireplace, and be ready for baby junya. that is becoming my idea of true nesting.
3. fall is my favorite. it's making me feel happy, warm inside, and have little shivers down my spine with excitement. crisp weather, apples, fall decor, fall fashion, fall traditions... my fall baby bundle! all of it. I'M STOKED.
4. i have a bit of identity figuring going on. i like it though. i like my identity. i'm just figuring how to add this new identity of mommy into it. it's a big role and i take it very seriously. how to stay me, but take this on 100%? i've enjoyed reflecting on that and relishing in the thought of the new me to come. i 'm feeling like i should plan and prepare for how i will remain me, or a least keep a bit of me intact, when my existence will soon be about serving and shaping my little dude.
i think that's all for now. if you've made it this far, you are a dear soul. thanks for hearing me out. as you can tell, i'm a scattered, emotional, grateful, all over the place, reflective, lazy, trying to do too much, happy psycho right now. plus hormones. awesome. and thanks poor blog, that was helpful and i'm thankful to you too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
At least your keeping up with it and sharing your intimate feelings with others! I can't bring myself to do that anymore. And now MY poor blog suffers. You're going to be a great mother, Mar. Have fun "nesting." I never really did that. I did a little cleaning, but not much. I mostly just tried to enjoy as much laziness as possible. haha
One tip on staying yourself is to stay in touch with old friends!! And make sure you have "me" time and girls nights out! I felt like I lost myself for awhile after Tyler was born but after long talks with my hubby we found the things I love again and made sure to incorporate and keep them in my life. I'm soo excited for ya! Ur gonna be a great mom!
Oh Mari! First of all, you of all people should not be worried about writing on your blog. Because you are a wonderful writer and I've already told you before... I love your choice of words and vocabulary!
Second, I think everything you are going through is so normal. You are going to be the BEST mom ever. It's hard when you are you and want to be the best you can, but you are totally qualified, prepared, and going to be an amazing mom.
It's important to have a clean, nice house and feel at peace, so make sure you do that. But also make sure you just relax, take it a day at a time, and enjoy having the freedom to be able to do whatever you'd like. Love you!!!
I'm a dear soul and made it through:) Love you and I know you'll stay "you" and be a great mommy for our big Sinclair hunk:)
Post a Comment