KJAR FAMILY PARTY
SUZY-Q
Suzy came to visit for a girls' getaway!!! Where do I start? Suz (Jules, Sparky, Arnold, Susicle...) is just one of my n.d.m.f.k.s.b.f.f. (nearest dearest, most favorite, kindred spirit best friends forever). We've known each other since we were 12. Girls camp bunk mates, stake dances, roommates freshmen and sophomore year- we have a lot of adventures and escapades under our bridge. So, she's amazing and stole away from her crew of 3 (hubby & 2 boys) to spend all access Mari/Suzy time for a couple dayz in June. We went all out- ate out, booked a hotel room, got ridiculous matching Betty Boop pajamas, watching chick flicks till 2am, masks, shopping, pedicures. It felt great to just be a little immature again and run around the hotel laughing at.... everything. Love you Sparks. Priceless Weekend!!!GIRLS CAMP
Speaking of Girls Camp, I got to go this year!!! I love the crazy and tender memories I have from my years at girls camp as a youth. Somehow and suddenly I'm old enough now to be called to go as a LEADER. What a trip. We had a lot of girls to watch over. They touched my heart, they're so impressionable and so full of faith. And a little drama too, of course. It was a HOT, HECTIC, HILARIOUS, and wonderful week.
The theme was Super Hero Training Camp. We all found the super hero within ourselves. The spiritual nourishment that girls camp brings is singular. I loved all the messages shared and reflecting on the super hero characteristics Heavenly Father has given me, and how to better have Strength to Believe, Courage to Act, and Power to Endure. I absolutely know I can do anything with my Savior Jesus Christ in my life and His gospel and the scriptures to guide me during times of battles and times of peace."Maybe not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option"- Spiderman
"The spiritual life is the abdundant life. And will change your life and others' for the better"-Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin




3 comments:
Well, haven't you had the funnest summer ever!? I love that picture of us. lol We look...SPECTACULAR. It WAS a very special time for us and I'm so glad we could do that before the little Kjar man arrives! I hope I'll get to steal away again to meet him.
Aww I miss OUR girls camp days..fun fun!! Remember ur mommy had to help calm me down when I freaked bout the storm LOL!! Good luck with baby coming =)
camp with you brings back many memories. good times. your mom was an amzing director at camp. glad you are apart still. xoxo
Post a Comment