Ok, ok the lull has gone on long enough!!! It's hard to get started once getting so far behind, but I'm back. I'm bloggin. And I'm excited about it. I told my dear friend Lizzy D (who I didn't even know looked at this blog!!) that I would finally update my blog for her birthday. Finally I'm doing it. I'll give my best shot to cover the notable moments of Jan-Apr with more of a picture show..... and hope it isn't too overwhelming because I've got to get this update out there!Then, we had my awesome auntie Shanna and cousin Vincent visit for a week.
NO ONE saw it coming, but Snowmaggedon of DC. A bit of our documentation...
The weekend before V-day we started what I would like to make our annual Valentine dinner party. I had a ball putting it all together. Everyone brought a course, and it was a delish 4 course meal. I'd feel like a fraud if I didn't admit that I was inspired by Julia Child.
Valentine's Day- Josh spoiled me rotten. He's a cute husband, guys. He got one of his young men at church to serenade us with violin over dinner he cooked. Can we say champ???
Visit from Liesel and Blake, our dearest BYU neighbors that live in Williamsburg now. Love them.

JOSH'S 27TH BIRTHDAY!!!!! Surprise getaway to Bed&Breakfast in Charlottesville, VA. We toured Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home) and saw his grave. He was one of a kind.
Special missionary moments. Too many details to tell, but Josh went out with the missionaries and started teaching Jose and Elizabeth with them for several weeks. Jose asked Josh to baptize him. I helped Elizabeth out of the water and she was so pure and the spirit was so strong. We adore Jose and Elizabeth and admire their amazing testimonies and spiritual strength!!!!

Beautiful MaKenna (LIttle bro Cody's bestie) and her friend Paige visited for a few days from Southern Virginia University. Wish we could have spent more time, but they are our favorite college girls around.

MARI'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!! This is my 5am birthday bash before Josh left for work. A lil CP (cereal party- tradition) with my fave forever Kashi. What's the big package behind me? BEST PRESENT EVER!!!!!! ROCKIN' CRUISE PILLOWS. He ordered the pillows I fell hard for on our cruise 2 years ago. Now sleeping on a cloud, my friends.
Other best bday gift, my fam comin' to town!!! They threw me an unforgettable shindig. Good thing we still had the karaoke machine we borrowed, and that dad brought his BeeGee's cd with him. It got wild.
More visitors? YES!!!! IT was one right after the other. Score. Kimberlee my most darling gal pal from high school and her hubby visited for a week from Atlanta!!! :) Her bday was in January, but this was a milestone year. We had to have ourselves a little party. We loved getting to know Michael better, and I've missed my KiKi!!!!!!
Oh yeah, did I mention I got Josh CAPITAL TICKETS for his birthday? (HOw many times will we say the word birthday, the extravaganzas are almosssst over). We had a blast and a half at the Capitals Hockey game. These people love their DC teams.
APRILOnce again, the cherry blossoms blew our minds!!!!!!!!! (Wondering if this post will ever end?)



I just love this shot. It embodies how we can never get a decent picture,but we'll just keep trying over and over, forever and ever.
More eternally joyful events. Josh got to take a weekend to Canada and be there for a special family from his mission getting sealed.
Grandparents!!!! Grandma Doris and Brian visit. They were spry as any 21 year old tourists. They spoiled us and took us out to eat 100 times and here is us and FDR.



9 comments:
I love this update. It's amazing! So much in one...
Call me back when you can. i have many a questions for you. Love u tons and tons. Glad you are doing so well. xoxox
MM
thanks lizzy d! :)
it will be your turn to be a visitor and visit me asap. :) our new little guy needs to meet his sweet auntie.
LOVE YOU!!
Mari, could you guys be any cuter? Seriously. I want to live your life vicariously! You guys have the funnest relationship and are such entertainers! Love it!
Cute post Mari! You have had TONS of visitors and LOTS of fun! I LOVE it!!! I wish we were still in Maryland so we could see you guys!
Miss ya, and keep up the postin'
Tash
P.S. I love the nerf gun war! Hilarious!
Wow, you have been busy! I love the picture with you and the cherry blossoms. We can't wait to see you!
I am so happy, honored, thrilled, excited- I made the title! I'm ecstatic that you posted- I kept checking- and it was worth the wait. :) I loved it. And I love you. For Sure. Remember, if you guys start itching for a west coast adventure, come visit! Sure love you guys!
Well, when I make it out that way to visit Eric, I just might have to make a stop at your place, it looks like fun!
Mari & Josh, you never cease to amaze me with your adventures! What a fun couple! I hope the weather is finally warming up for you!
Mommy just wanted to say how much she loves your blog and your tumblr. She also wanted to say how much she loves you! I love you too! -Mols
Post a Comment