Monday, July 13, 2009

Dos Anos Fiesta

+
=
anniversary fun!!!

We headed to St. Michaels, Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay
and stayed in a Bed & Breakfast for an anniversary getaway.
It was the cutest town ever and they are famous for crabs.
We couldn't resist trying it out, so we went to a restaurant right on the dock, ordered some steamed crabs and got the little hammer and everything. They were so DELICIOUS.
The next day our B&B had these sweet vintage bikes to borrow, so we biked around the downtown, explored, and looked at the cute shops.
then did a little kayaking on the Chesapeake.
Next, my gift to Josh was to go to the PGA tour going on at the Congressional Country Club. We were set to see Tiger Woods, but ended up getting there too late to see him. :( But we saw other famous golfers (never heard of them myself, but I don't follow). We got an autograph from Jim Furyk (?) but it was exciting just to be there and enjoy the "feeling" of the whole event. I'm more interested in golf than I thought. I would go again. and hopefully have the chance to be starstruck by Tiger too. :)

So all this celebrating we really preliminary to the true, real deal, actual anniversary day. (cheese i know) but the real day is the real reason we say it's been another year of real love and marriage. anyway- since all the $ was spent, we whipped up a pretty fancy setting in our backyard and grilled up some steaks.
Josh won't be too happy with me, but this is awesome. After a little clean-up, always (for us) comes a little... dancing!!! Nothing like busting moves under the moonlight to indicate that you're a happy married man. Cheers into another wonderful year. Year 3- crazy!

6 comments:

The Higgins Family said...

YAY! LOVED talking with you today! LOVE you (and Josh,too!). And sure miss ya.

What a GREAT anniversary celebration!

Trapper and Suzy said...

Wow. You guys sure know how to PARTY!! That is such an awesome idea for an anniversary. I love B&B's, especially if their breakfasts are according to my standards. haha

Ahhh the dancing. How sweet! Love that Josh is bustin' a move. It's awesome. haha

the winn-ers said...

Hey how are you! I didn't know you were so close, what are you doin? How come we haven't seen you yet?? Hope you are enjoying your summer! :)

Becky and Matt said...

Happy Anniversary Guys! It looks like you had a lot of fun! We miss you!!!!!

Mary Martha said...

so special. yall are great the way yall make and create fun all around u. love ya. congrats

AshBash said...

You've made it! I can't believe two years ago I was in Manti watching you run around the Temple taking pictures. Congrats! I miss the random dancing moments with Mari...you two are perfect for each other!