Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Campers

While we're waiting to get the Halloween pics uploaded (I always need Josh's assistance, or basically, I need Josh to do it. :) )... here are some pics of our camping trip in mid-October. I love camping!!! I love being a girly girl, yet getting down and dirty, sleeping on the hard ground, and smell of open fire- CAN'T BEAT IT. We have been itching to use our camping gear for awhile now. Our friends Bridget and Mike Morgan went down to Goblin Valley with us for a weekend of wilderness. It was a ball.


After setting up camp, stoking the flames, Bridget & I were pretty excited to get tinfoil dinner going and playing a rousing game of Wizard.
Boyz in charge of firewood


Our campsite in the morning. Everyone looks like they
got a great night's rest. haha
Bridg & I really did get excited about camp cookin'.
Flapjacks and spam.

Welcome to Goblin Valley!! And that's just a portion of it.

We were like kids in a candy store, climbing and playing all over




We also got to hike in Little Wildhorse Canyon,
like the Narrows in Zions. It was all amazing.


It was happy trails. It was sad to put the camping
gear away in storage for a long winter icy winter untouched.
Who wants to go camping next year... we're looking forward to it!!

7 comments:

Becky and Matt said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. It always is fun to do one last hurrah before winter!

mommyshan said...

Awesome trip!!! I love the pictures... you do look like little kids. Any tent zipper problems??? J/K (If you read that Melinda... just smile and know we all love you!) Now you need to come camping at a family reunion! :)

The Higgins Family said...

Fun stuff, Mar! :) Love you!

Pierce and Stacy said...

Mari you are so cute. I wanted to go camping so bad, but we never made it before it got too cold. Are y'all in Provo? We should hang out.

Trapper and Suzy said...

I see some girls camp skills came to good use...tinfoil. However, you brought a grill, and that's not exactly roughin' it, is it!!?? hehe j/k

I wish I could've been there!

Julie Burns said...

Josh... If you just live in Provo, (i live in Orem)we should meet up sometime! It has been so long since I have seen you, and it would be fun to meet your beautiful wife!!! It would be great to cath up!!! My email is julieb03(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Heidi Kjar said...

Looks Fun!