Tuesday, February 12, 2013

yo blog

hey blog. yo blog. where to start with the blog? it's obviously been my inner conflict, as i am on again/off again. i document our lives- mostly jonah's- in other ways. this just gets edged out. YET, two days ago i was reading a message by thomas s. monson. he testified of ways prayer has effected his life. he then credited his daily journal that he could remember these experiences and see the results of prayer in his life over time. his *daily* journal. i felt a huge gust of wind knock me over. i am doing myself the disservice of not recording thoughts, feelings, memories, little things, big things. i think i will remember. and i won't! it made me earnest to take the time to document in as many ways as possible. why not have a blog that i jot things down in? a journal to jot things down in? i am diligent with the baby book. i looked through jonah's baby book yesterday. i didn't take long to write down things about him throughout his first year and i treasure, TREASURE those words because i would have forgotten. already, i know! i'm rambling. so... here's to not crafting a blog post, or ignoring the journal or bloggy because i'm behind, but jotting things down for keepsakes, preserve feelings, and to share with loved ones; it's worth it.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Jonah looks like he has your eyes! He is getting so big. hope you are doing well.

Luke and Mariah said...

This was inspiring Mari. And oh so true! I have GOT to be better as well. I know we will be so grateful in the future! I miss and love you! I'm excited to see Josh next week! I only wish you and Jonah were joining him!!