Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween

Happy late Halloween everybody!!! A quick run-down on ours includes the fact that most of all, besides decking our house out with spooky decor and making themed food, I always look forward to the fun of concocting costumes every year...
I've wanted Josh to dress up like a Roman solider every year. He just has 'the profile', like one you would see on an ancient Roman coin, don't you think? This idea has long been in the making.
Also, we had our 3rd annual Halloween party... we had a fun time putting together creepy treats and having friends over for a fun time the weekend before Halloween. More pix on that to come... lots of photos of the food. Halloween night I was SO EXCITED to have trick or treaters and to be that golden door to give out *quality* candy. We also went to a murder mystery dinner at our friends' house. So much fun. There's just nothing quite like dressing up like the tragic lovers of the fallen Roman Empire right?? So now after a big sugar fix and crazy Halloween, we can move on fulfilled into harvest/Thanksgiving season, and best of all, I can start all over envisioning and dreaming up costumes for next year. ..

8 comments:

Heidi Kjar said...

Cute costumes you two!!

Sarah said...

You guys look so cute!! Sounds like lots of fun!

Star Girl said...

YAY! I had a feeling you had written a post, and I was right:) Great costumes, I'm staying tuned for more.

Chris & Jennie said...

Oh my word, you two pull off those costumes all too well! Very cute!

preston. shawnee. cohen said...

Mari! Your costumes completely ROCK!!! I loooooove them!! So awesome. I wish we could celebrate this holiday together, I know it would be a blast. It was great talking to you the other day, you're wonderful :)

Becky and Matt said...

You guys look great! I'm so impressed with your costumes!

Luke and Mariah said...

You two are THE perfect couple. And JK47 really does have that roman profile you speak of! I miss you two SOSOSOSO much!!! I hope your job is going better and the traffic is lessening for Josh! :D Love ya!

Lighting Our Steps said...

Awesome job with the costumes. Hope all is well with Mari's new job. Love you guys.