Life has been a crazy beast lately. All I can say is, I have many more life lessons to learn. I am in the thick of them it seems. The reality is... I don't have control. Nope, not any. Ouch. The Lord does. When will I really understand that and not have a painful reminder? I'm learning though. Not a fun process though right? Here's a quote I've found that helps me keep my head on straight and feet moving forward when in a hard place and time.
"We live in a day when the adversary stresses on every hand the philosophy of instant gratification. We seem to demand instant everything, including instant solutions to our problems. We are indoctrinated that somehow we should always be instantly emotionally comfortable. When that is not so, some become anxious- and all too frequently seek relief from counseling, analysis... It was meant to be that life would be a challenge. To suffer some anxiety, some depression, some disappointment, even some failure is normal. Teach your members that if they have a good, miserable day once in a while, or several in a row, to stand steady and face them. Things will straighten out. There is a great purpose in our struggle in life." -Boyd K. Packer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Thanks, Mari, for the great quote. Hope your reality check wasn't too painful! Sure love you guys!
i love you, mari!!
and I'm so proud of you.
PS: LOVE your new blog look
Thanks for the quote, Mari. It's just what I needed today. I can always count on you to pick me up with your inspiration. Let's talk soon. : )
I love your blog change. It is adorable! And so you! Love you mari!
That's a great quote and so true. We hope you guys are well!
Love you!!!
I think I know exactly how you feel.
i LOVE this quote, haven't heard before, or if i have i had forgotten it. Thanks for sharing. Love ya!
You're amazing. hang in there. & call me when you can. xoxo.
Mari dear, we miss you guys, and I just love you. Your quote is awesome. YOU are awesome. I hope work is going better every day and life is wonderful. Tell JK47 hello for us and take care! I think of you often!!
Mar, I would love to. Just email me (which is on my blog) and I'll definitely make you some and send them to you!
Post a Comment