Saturday, November 15, 2008

Insights to the Soul and Recommendation!!

Just a quick little thought. I have read some talks in the Conference Ensign the past week to prepare to visit teach. So wonderful. These messages help me understand what I need to do to polish my edges. Anyway, I could go on and on.
"Come What May and Love It" by Elder Wirthlin touched my heart strings the first time I heard it. My visiting teacher shared that talk with me and her insights. It has especially meant so much to her as her 31 year old brother in law passed away 2 weeks ago. I ended up finding my way to her sister's blog and read her posts about the difficulties of being a single mom now and yet trusting the Lord so completely. I just cried my eyes out. Time and life are so precious. Interesting how talks can take on different meaning with the different things going on. That's why we should keep reading.
Elder Wirthlin (and ultimately Heavenly Father's) counsel this October were some things we can do to make life more bearable and more joyous too, even in times of adversity. In summary, -learn to laugh- "
The next time you're tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable." -seek for the eternal- and -trust the Father and Son.- "The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him." Wowza. I know these small things can help me change me for the better.

ANNNND....
a little tidbit of essential information.
I couldn't live with myself if I didn't pass it on.
This icecream is amazing. It may be 3 bucks, but WORTH IT.
My sister recommended it. It's amazing. It's limited edition, so
jump on it. It's sublime delicious. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

The Higgins Family said...

Great insights, my Mar. And I'm so glad you love the ice cream! It's pretty much my current fav. Love you!